23 January 2010

Puffs and Pans

Yesterday I took a trip to You-Do-It Electronics in Needham, MA, in search of 8 wire computer ribbon cable. When a fellow shopper showed me where it was, I was forced to admit I was only there in loco Global Design Director (who sought materials for his various classified projects). Later, in the lobby, I happily made small talk with salespeople about the relative virtues of the heat-seeking thermometers and laser levels they were hawking. I rounded out the day with a trip to Ikea in nearby Stoughton, where I discovered the world's best chocolate at fire-sale prices. There I bought a kitchen strainer and an industrial-sized teflon-coated sauté pan. Lately I've been a fan of Chef Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares (I prefer the gentler BBC version to the American edition with its manufactured crises and screechy music), hoping to turn my own kitchen nightmares into cucina dreams.

4 comments:

Henri said...

> 8 wire computer ribbon cable

What on earth are you (or the GDD) using that for? Hooking up a CD/DVD drive?

Boston • Paris • New York said...

The GDD is making a crochet-hoop antenna:

http://tinyurl.com/ycr7omy

-Ms. Techno-Bay

Henri said...

I should have known. Computer components used for radio purposes - nothing good will come of it!

Ms Bay said...

N. B. When not used for communicating with correspondents in faraway places like China, the hoop is pressed into service for magic tricks, wherein je suis the lovely assistant.