25 January 2010

LoopY

Thanks to JoeY's do-it-yourself shortwave loop antenna I've been eavesdropping on China. I learned that pop stars in that country now face a $12,000 fine for lip-synching. It seems that, after the 2008 Beijing Olympics opening ceremony, China was so embarrassed after a little girl was revealed to have lip-synched (for a young song bird deemed not sufficiently pretty to sing for all the world to see) that all miming was banned in China. A bit harsh, no? Are they harking back to Chairman Mao rules? I'll file a full report as soon as I crack the code.

2 comments:

ChiChi Fargo said...

I look at this photo and I can't help myself from saying,
"Romper, bomper, stomper, boo.
Tell me, tell me, tell me do.
Magic mirror, tell me today,
Did all my friends have fun at play?"

Anonymous said...

You have outdone yourself. This is such a yuck, esp the pic.