21 September 2009

Shunned at The Dump

Not that I have anything against Hewlett Packard. But my old laptop had given up the ghost and it was time to spirit it off to wherever dead laptops go. Fred, my consigliere for all things technical, advised me to destroy the hard drive in order to prevent criminals from salvaging my personal data.

Screwdriver and hammer in hand, I tried my Girl-best to do some damage. Plastic cracked and pieces flew. Finally, the job was done, and I was ready to dispose of the shattered remains.

When I took it to the local "hazardous waste drop off" they told me sorry, no laptops accepted. Apparently my little computer was so toxic, even in death, that it was shunned at the dump! Makes me wonder how safe it was to keep in my home for all that time!

3 comments:

Henri said...

Cher Patti,

That's what Craigslist is for!

Post it for "parts or repair" under the "Computer" section for $20. It'll be gone from your life in minutes.

And you'll be left holding a crisp, new bank note!

tummler said...

SFX: (doorbell) RING!
PATTI: If it's the person from CraigsList, come right in!
SFX: BOP!

Anonymous said...

I'll offer you three chickens, two goats, and an iguana for you hard drive....Meet me under the clock at the Biltmore at 4pm, October 15th...
(Uh, is the Biltmore still there...??)

Bill Gates