14 September 2009

He told me to call him Captain

Yesterday I did something I've never done before. My Global Design Director (known in these pages as JoeY) has talked about paddling down the Sudbury River in a canoe for some time now, so as a way of hanging onto the rosy glow of vacation, we marched down to the South Bridge boathouse in Concord, donned our life jackets, and paddled off into the wilds. I know this area reasonably well, but seeing it from the quiet river on a perfect fall day made my heart ache. Long as I have lived in these parts, nevair -- anywhere -- have I had a more tranquil and breathtaking experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Into the Heart of Darkness...piranha-like blue gill lurking in the depths, equine encephalitis-ridden mosquitoes in the air, fanged water rats poised and ravenous along the banks...and the snakes...I won't begin to tell you about the snakes...do NOT ever do this again without a good guide and a twelve gauge shot - safety off!
The late Marlin Perkins

NatureGrl said...

I wrassle the gators and make em into a pocket book! I gonna get me a new leopard skin pill box hat!

Nature Grrl