10 September 2009

La Rentrée

It's back to school this week for French kids. They call it "la rentrée" (the re-entry, the return) and it's highly commercialized on TV, billboards and print ads. I made my own re-entry to the Boston area yesterday afternoon and was met by seasonable Fall breezes and yellow school buses.

Also, for those who doubted that JoeY got to use his patented Paris Pad™ artist sketchbook system while in France, the photo above is  proof: a sketch done while having lunch in the Tuileries gardens, along with a photo taken for comparison.

4 comments:

Boston • Paris • New York said...

Je suis Patrice et j'approuve cette post.

Henri said...

Cher Mme. Utton:

Where may I purchase these fine "Paris Pads"? They seem quite unique, yet they do not seem to be available at stationery stores here in the U.S.

Are they available through your Utton Bay Web site, peut-etre?

Merci!

Ms Bay said...

What a good idea, Henri!

I'll take it up with Global Design Directeur presently!

Van Gogh said...

I'd give my right ear for a Paris Pad!