05 September 2009

Façonnable

"Aw gosh, do I have to wear this?" In truth, I need no coercion. Your correspondent is nothing but a slave to fashion, and here on the streets of the French capital I have many opportunities to buy, buy, buy until it's time to say goodbye.


Here is the bench on our cobblestone walk overlooking the Seine just outside the apartment door where JoeY enjoys the occasional moody cigar + stroll.

A local resident assured me that one can still see deep grooves in the stone from a Nazi gun emplacement sited here during the Occupation.

It doesn't matter if I'm on vacation or not, when JoeY says, "Hoopie, get cookin'!" I rattle those pots and pans.

The apartment's small but efficient kitchen features a compact stove and fridge, and that's plenty to whip up a quick omelet or a full course meal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. I am at work so cannot tarry too long, but will print it out for sister jane and love al the pictures and commentary. My first comments, so I hope I have done it correctly.

You guys should write a book (with photos). Love it all. So glad you are having a bonheur time.