11 October 2009

Honk if you love Cambridge

Once a year the Honk Parade comes honking through my little neighborhood. I don't mind. It's a chance to enjoy the sight of waves of people filling the streets dressed in crazy costumes, tooting on saxophones, plunking banjos, and banging drums.
The participants are highly organized and put a lot of effort into their performances. Wacky props and various paper mache creations are de rigueur.

Themes run the gamut from "Rude Mechanical Orchestra" to "End War In The Middle East." Don't ask me how Honk started or why. All I know is that it begins in Somerville, proceeds up Massachusetts Avenue, and ends in the middle of Harvard Square before first going right by my door.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's going on? Today is 14 Oct and your last blog appeared on 11 Oct. Hope all is well.
Your concerned and bored pal.