31 October 2009

Eureka!

I may have discovered the fountain of youth (at least for hair) thanks to a brush I found in a Parisian dollar store. It's nothing special to look at, just a generic plastic hair brush made in Taiwan with a simulated wood-grain handle. But after using it for a week or two, I noticed something strange. My normally gray-streaked mane had reverted to the deep russet shades of my salad days.

How this happened I cannot explain. I haven't changed shampoos. I eat the same old foods. The only difference I can think of is the daily ministrations with the damned French brush. I began imagining a potential retail bonanza; my own infomercial: The amazing Brush-your-Way-Back-to-Youth System! Turn back the clock with each stroke! Brush the years away! Only $19.95! And if you order in the next 20 minutes, get his and hers Brushaways for the same low price!

It could happen. I'll get back to you as soon as I've talked with the FTC.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you started your hairbrushing routine with the new brush, do you always wear that white scarf? Something to consider.

Someone who can really use the Brush-Your-Way-Back-to-Youth System

Patrice of Utton Bay said...

Franchement, Global Design Director JT "suggested" it would enhance the glamour of the moment.

(And don't you think it does?)

Scientifically yrs,

ChiChi Fargo said...

It may be the same phenomenon afforded by the L'Amour Color Comb, a much-touted product I recall from TV commercials of my youth. My mother bought one and I was fascinated. It turned out to be a comb with a shoepolish-like crayon attached to it that would paint your hair when you used it. Still, I liked the name.