08 December 2009

Faces of Election

"Get out and vote" scolds the media. I admit I'm unprepared. Today's election will decide Ted Kennedy's replacement. As the deadline looms, my knowledge of the candidates is still too meager to cast an informed ballot. Which one seems nicer? More sane? Sure, that's no way to vote. But sometimes that's what it comes down to.

What might sway me is a candidate who supports tearing down Faces, the long-abandoned nightclub off Route 2 in Cambridge. I'm told the last time anyone did the Latin Hustle in this ghostly disco was over 20 years ago. Who knows how many kilos of crystal meth have changed hands in its parking lot since then? A worthy Senatorial candidate could spearhead a project to build a community center on the site. Or maybe a park. I wouldn't even mind an Ikea store there.

2 comments:

Maggie Mae said...

Amazing - and all this time I thought it was just a monument to Rod Stewart's old band!

Betty Wrong said...

Nicer. Saner. These are excellent criteria against which to choose a senator. Would that more people made their selections this way.