06 December 2009

Biz The Season

Church: Saturday

Just when I thought I'd go stark-raving mad from the endlessly looped medley of Christmas carols booming 300 decibels loud in the Christ Church auditorium, young friends Elsa and Nicole showed up from the wilds of New Hampshire. Good thing, because they generously offered to cut me loose from my retail duty to enjoy a proper lunch with Mme. L, Elsa's mum, far from the holiday madhouse.

Later, two small elves plied me with cookies and milk at $4 a shot. I was happy to pay it, as the winsome pair trailed a bevy of cooing Christmas shoppers in their wake. Alas, none brought the holiday spirit of buying to my booth.

Still, it's good to have friends and attentive elves when you need them.

Hive: Sunday

Even as we speak, I'm weathering yet another medley of overpoweringly amplified Christmas songs. After the 3rd repetition of "Jingle Bell Rock," I'm ready to bug out. If this morning's light turnout of shoppers is any indication, Utton Bay's interest in a sales table at Design Hive (or similar holiday craft event) is definitely waning. I'll probably miss the opportunity to disport myself in public while meeting new and old friends, but I believe there's a better way to sell my boatnecks, and it's right here on the web. Stay tuned.

No comments: