27 April 2010

Castaway!

Allow me to tell you about my beloved Dr. Pap. He initially informed me I'd do a 6 week stint in my cast. But he gave me an unexpected prison release 2 weeks early for good behavior. I think he's aces. You will note my self-directed photo of him in action, taken on waning camera batteries by a hapless nurse. I shamelessly told her my little girl neighbors would thrill to the sight of my cast being sawed off. Can you imagine! The vibrating buzz saw was a bit scary even though I knew it would not pierce my skin. Once the dreaded encumbrance was off, my arm was revealed. Weak and a bit forlorn, but healing well. The occupational therapist promptly fit me with a lightweight splint: very high tech, made of thermo-something plastic, and custom-molded to my personal anatomy. I'm so damned happy to be free (of cast) at last!

2 comments:

Know-it-All said...

Very confident in Dr. Pap aren't you? Even smiling while he was at work with the saw. If you only knew the stories that I know (only kidding of course). Don't forget to do your exercises. I know about not doing physical therapy exercises, as well. Is that a pink Utton Bay you're wearing? I dig it the most.

Diana Vreeland said...

Accessories make the outfit.