15 February 2010

Streetwise

Here I am not littering, smoking, spitting, or playing the radio (or leaking earpod buzz) and generally behaving myself at the rear of the #7 bus on Madison Ave. crossing 80th. I was on my way to see the Man Ray exhibit, in which paintings and photos of famed muse and role model Kiki de Montparnasse figured largely. Legend has it that Kiki held the unofficial title of "Queen of Montparnasse." As some may know, I am in favor of self-declared royalty, especially where dancing and sequined costumes are involved.

On the Mass Turnpike from Springfield to Boston there exists a number of secluded rest areas that I have dubbed "Stop and Be Killed." Featuring conveniently isolated parking, shaded from public view by dense foliage, I can't imagine a more likely spot to have unwanted contact with crazed murderers lurking along our nation's highways.

1 comment:

Teddy said...

I have taken a much-needed break from long driving trips at a number of these rest stops. Never have I been bothered in the slightest. I've always felt safe and relaxed, and in fact, made several strong, permanent social connections at these locations.

Sincerely,
Ted Bundy