22 November 2009

Meet me @ the Club Car

It's becoming harder and harder to find a diner-like venue on a Sunday morn that isn't clanky with dishes or squalling children. Imagine my delight at discovering The Club Car Cafe in West Concord, MA, a station house I've passed a hundred times without noticing. There I enjoyed a peaceful and leisurely breakfast sans souci with the ever-cranky Global D in tow. A trio of little girls ran amok "helping" the two waitresses refill sugar and wipe table tops. One even presented us with the check with professional aplomb. I'd return. And isn't that the highest compliment?

2 comments:

Frances Farmer said...

Love the entry. But you look molto pazza in the foto, Ms. Piatelli. Too many of those sugar packets?

Boston • Paris • New York said...

Make mine Splenda, Mister.

Jessica Lange